December 05, 2011

Such randomness!


Once I played a week long game with a dear friend (who no longer plays with me) where we had to come up with idioms (hindi muhavare) about water (eg. chullu bhar paani mein doob jana! literally translated as 'take water in your palm, drown in it and die)

I can start one about anger right here. As of now I can think of three:

1. Gussa naak par leke chalna (to have a short temper)

2. Aag baboola hona (to be a hot air balloon?)

3. Angaare Ugalna (to emit embers)

3 comments:

Aaditya said...

'Dudh ka dudh, pani ka pani' and 'jo garajte hain voh baraste nahin'

Tilpu said...

What a find! Thank you Aaditya. My favorite these days(although not about anger) is Aankh ke Andhe naam Nain sukh!

Freya said...

I love to learn idiomatic expressions and my favourite one is, Gau Jaisa Hona means down to earth person.

Freya
Idioms.in