March 25, 2012

Realisation at the age of 25

When I first arrived, this is what I thought. Six months into it, this is what I think:

1. At 25 you may not have a well defined career.

2. You can obsess about facebook or go off it for as long as you like, but when you return, at least 25 people at 25 would have/would have planned to get married. The fast ones will even give you baby pictures.

3.You can't do all nighters any more and go for class/office at 8 in the morning. You don't party late on weekdays now. Or you just bunk. Shamelessly.

4. You know where your grey hair is. And you're not plucking it out.

5. You slowly get over the initial paranoia of quarter life crises. (did you do the math?)

6. People around you start dying of cancer.

7. People around you start dying of old age. (Do the math again) And for the first time, you notice your parents growing old.

Good luck guys


2 comments:

Anand said...

My parents are growing old. I wish I could turn back the hands of time.

P.S: Smart people invent a time machine.

Jan said...

Tilpu,

Now that I have turned 25, I agree!

I agree!